In case you were wondering…
What is Fair Trade coffee?
When you purchase a product that has been certified as Fair trade, this means:
1. a minimum ( fair ) price has been guaranteed to the farmers and workers.
2. in some cases your money will go towards funding for community development in coffee growing countries
3. Sustainable environmental practices
4. International Labour Organization standards are set
5. allows for a more direct trade relationship. between the consumer, and the farmer.
* The key to successful fair trade practices, is that the consumer is willing to pay a little bit more, to ensure that the people who are farming and picking coffee can make a fair wage. It also means that the middle men ( Midnight Sun Coffee ) is willing to pay a premium on fairly traded goods, for resale . It is a delicate and important balance in order to not only farm sustainably , but also to recognize that coffee is picked by people, not machines and that these farmers need to be able to make a decent living wage in order for all of us to enjoy the fruits of their labours.
All of our Fair Trade Products are designated with “FT” in the product name.
Why do I pay more for Organic Coffee?
Organic Coffee is more expensive , because it takes a lot of time and money for countries to be able to certify themselves as organic, and the lack of pesticides means you are purchasing a superior product , without chemicals. Coffee is the second most heavily sprayed food product in the world. If you are concerned about pesticide use, always buy Organic!
Do i need to register for account at the site in order to make an online purchase?
No, anyone who can supply an accurate and valid email address, shipping location and credit card account can make an online purchase. If you think you might return again and order any of our products, please consider creating an account for yourself at MSCR – for keeping your shipping info on file with us, to be eligible for extra discounts, or if you just plain like us.
Is my credit card info secure when i make a purchase online?
All our online transactions are made through a secure PayPal address and all the credit card info is handled by PayPal, a top-rated Web Payment transaction company. You can use your PayPal account, if you have one, or any major credit card for your online purchases with us. We do not keep any credit card information stored on our site.
I am getting an error when I am entering my credit card info at the PayPal payment area…
“The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.”
Paypal has a very strict security model that is designed to protect its users from fraud. In some cases, it affects good customers and can be very aggravating.
Here are a few tips that can help you prevent this issue:
– VERIFY ALL OF THE INFORMATION that you have entered for your credit card before making the purchase. If any portion of your personal information does not match with the account information for your card, Paypal will flag the card and you will receive the above listed error.
– Use either Internet Explorer 7 or higher or Firefox 2 or higher.
– Clear our your browser cookies and cache before attempting to make a purchase.
– If you receive this message once, chances are you will not be able to try a different card to make the purchase, as your location has been flagged by Paypal’s security model.